The Discipline(s) of Risk Science
We welcome contributions on topics related to risk assessment, risk characterization, risk perception, risk communication, risk management, risk governance, and policy relating to risk, in the context of risks of concern to individuals, to public and private sector organizations, and to society at local, regional, national, or global levels.
At the SRA-Europe Conference in Espoo, presentations will be held in the following formats:
- Symposia: Represent a group of oral presentations (minimum 3 presentations; maximum 5 presentations) by one or more authors each, organized around one common topic +
one short symposium introduction by the coordinator + symposium Q&A/discussion.
Symposium duration: 90 min.
- Oral presentations: Represent individual oral presentations by one or more authors +
Q&A/ discussion for all presentations at the session’s end.
Individual presentation duration: 15 min.
- Poster presentations: Represent an individual poster presentation by one or more authors + individual Q&A/discussion of the poster.
The organizers will allocate stand-alone oral presentations to thematic sessions. Symposia are self-organized sessions which have a specific thematic focus. Abstracts for oral presentations for symposia must indicate which symposium they belong to.
Abstract submission closes: January 31, 2020
List of topics
The abstracts are to be associated with the most relevant topics from the list below (min one, max three). If the topic does not readily fit any of the topics below, the last one “Generic topic” can be selected.
- Theoretical and conceptual advances in risk science
- Risk communication
- Risk perception
- Risk education and competence development
- Risk and ethics
- Risk governance and risk management
- Principles and methods of risk research
- Probabilistic and statistical risk analysis
- Qualitative methods of risk analysis
- Integration of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Elicitation and synthesis of expert judgement
- Risk and resilience
- Risks and sociotechnical systems, incl. critical infrastructures
- Emergent risks, preparedness and scenarios
- Experimental design and laboratory studies
- Risk and social media
- Population and inequality, migration, societal integration
- Environmental risks, climate change
- Energy, industrial production, cybersecurity, digital technologies and services
- Food, health and safety
- Transportation, traffic and logistics
- Defence, security risks, incl. terrorism
- Generic topic
See conference flyer HERE
More info also at: http://srae2020.aalto.fi